Tuesday, December 9, 2008

There's something living in the closet!


So I'm sitting here in my dad's recliner, (yes, I'm being that specific), with my laptop in my...well, lap, waiting for my videos to upload onto myspace and youtube. When I got up out of my comfy, if slightly hot, bed and used the guide to find something other than the Holiday Season Music Channel to watch, I turned to the old tried and true Sci-fi Channel. And what was on?

Tales From the Dark Side.


Yes, that's right, an oldie but goodie. Sci-fi always has these little marathons of random awesome shows, and of course this isn't the first day that they chose to show Tales From the Dark Side, but it was the first day that I watched it and remembered how great the show really was.

And how scary it was.

Now I'm not saying that I cringed and cried and screamed through the whole 30 minutes, but it was pretty creepy and definitely kept my full interest.

I don't remember ever watching it when it was on in the 80's, not like Tales From the Crypt. I mean, hell, I was only 4 when the show ended. It's just impossible for me to remember that far back. But watching it today, with it's bad lighting, forced dialogue, and sub-par effects by today's standards, really brought back the feeling I used to get as a kid, watching scary shows when I knew I wasn't supposed to. Watching scary shows, trying to be brave, pretending I wasn't afraid. It's crazy, but oh how I yearn for those days again.

2 comments:

England Simpson said...

Yeah, back in the days shows like Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, hell, even Are you afraid of the dark used to scare me. Nowadays I can't find anything that scares me. Lol, let me stop lying! My shadows scares me...

Under Thy Tongue said...

lol. Exactly...well, except for the shadow part. My shadow doesn't scare me.
But they have this awesome channel on Direct TV called "Thriller", I think, (not ThrillerMax, just "Thriller", like Michael Jackson) where all they play is Tales From the Dark Side, Tales From the Crypt, Friday the 13th The Series...it was so awesome.